Sunday, April 27, 2014

Finding time to work is frustrating!


March 29

            I decided to do some work on one of the computers in the library during my brief 45 minute lunch break. Mistake number 1, was thinking I was going to be able to concentrate in the university library. Lots of loud whispering in the library, as well as fellow students wondering what I was working on or just wanting to chat.

            Mistake number 2, I’m in uniform and therefore a couple of students wanted to know who wrote them parking tickets (not me!) for parking over the lines in the parking garage and asked how they could get out of paying them. My accomplishment during my 45 minute break? I did not eat, I only managed to get through one organization and I now have a headache. So much for thinking I was going to accomplish more than just socializing today. This assignment definitely requires a quiet space and no distractions. This means back to working on my slow computer at home. Hopefully my kids will co-operate (and they are older, yet still needy) and give me at least an hour to myself to hopefully organize my notes.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment